How to Clean Grease Stains off Vinyl Siding

After sharing the plans and inspiration for my quick patio makeover on Monday, I realized I should have included the infamous "Before" photo {UPDATE: You can find the completed Patio Reveal here}.



I didn't remove all the chair covers or get out the cushions -- all for good measure. Or I'm too lazy to stage a "before" photo. Yes, that is much more likely.

But there you have it. I didn't mention it in my post on Monday, but we already have an outdoor rug too. It is brown so it falls in the earth tone category as well -- and will definitely benefit from the addition of some fresh blues.
The weather forecast was correct and it was nice and sunny on Tuesday. I got lots of painting done -- both indoor and outdoor projects. If you follow us on Facebook or Twitter you got a glimpse of one of the finished pieces {it's yellow!}.

Unfortunately, not all home projects are fun {I know, bummer, right?}.

We have these awful grease stains all over the siding on our patio.


 There is some debate between the Hubby and I as to how it got there.

My Version: The grill used to sit against that wall. Over time grease splattered onto the siding.
Mike's Version: He cleaned the grill grates with a spray hose and splattered the grease onto the siding.
I hate to say it -- but he is probably right. I've never grilled anything, so I don't have much of an argument. Oh well.

After some research I decided to tackle the stains with a mixture of:
I used a textured scrubby sponge and it did take some elbow grease, but look at the difference!


Now it is time to return to the fun stuff! I'll be back next week with progress on our quick patio makeover.

What outdoor cleaning tips do you have? I'd love for you to share them in the comments.


Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.


Subscribe to our blog posts via RSS Feed or Email.

Places I Link Up: Empty Your Archive Party, Remodelaholic, Thrifty Decor Chick,
Sunday- Silver Pennies Sunday, Frugal Crafty Home, Craft-o-Maniac Monday, That DIY Party, Sundae Scoop Link Party, The Sunday Showcase, Think Pink Sundays,

Monday- Give Me the Goods Monday, Monday Funday, Tutorials & Tips Link Party, Made with Love Link Up, Sweet Sharing Monday,
Make it Pretty Monday,
Tuesday- Get Your Craft On, Show Me What Ya Got, From Dream to Reality, Too Cute Tuesday,
Sparkle Link Party, One Project at a Time,
Wednesday- Primp Your StuffWildly Original Link Party, Show & Tell, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party
, First Home Love Life,
Thursday- Transformation Thursday, Hooking Up with House of Hepworths, Link Love Thursday, The Inspiration Gallery, Inspire Me Please
Friday-
Saturday- Share Your Creativity, Show and Tell,

Labels: , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "